Saturday 24 September 2011

Noisy Beagle Smothers Young Man.


Ok, here I go trying to type this whilst the Beagle snores on my lap.  Not sure how such a small animal can make so much noise.  He is like a furry blender.  However I digress, as I have a confession.  My last blog entry wasn't brilliant.  It was quite poor even for my low standard.  I blame this on the fact I wasn't sure what I was going to write.  Thankfully, I have a general idea today!
So, going way back to my various points, I want to become a lecturer.  As for why, there are several reasons!  However, one will suffice for today (as otherwise the blog will end up long again and nobody wants that).  As we all know, the world is in dire straights.  There is poverty throughout the world; crime all about; and idiots in control selling war like it was the flavour of the month.  However, one thing I have studied through my degree is other problems that plague the world, problems that tend to be overlooked somewhat more than most (though not necessarily ignored).  An example is that this year, the world should hit 7 billion.  An unimaginable number (and about 3.5 billion women to reject me) that brings with it a plethora of issues.  142 million people live in Bangladesh, an area prone to massive tropical storms and flooding despite being similar in size to New York state.  In other countries, people are living 12 to a room.  Rural villages are being abandoned so that youths can end up living in the city streets.
By no means am I an expert in these issues.  I have studied them and learned them.  However, this is the reason I want to lecture.  Not only can I continue to spread what knowledge I do have on these subjects, but it would allow me to further my knowledge in all these issues and hopefully do some good in the world.
Well, once again, the blog has become a serious and heartfelt ramblings.  Sorry about that!  Though if you want funny, go to lolcatz (not that I actually find it particularly funny).  So my links of the day!

xkcd - A web comic!  A funny one at that!  If you're bored and enjoy science, maths or all things geek, then this is a great way to spend your time.


Song of the day?  Hats of to Michael for sending me this: Revolting Cocks' cover of 'Me so Horny'.  Not for everyone but I love them.


So, another day, another random selection of words as I try to write what I'm wanting to say.  On a side note, just finished the film 'Hanna'.  It is worth a watch.  Check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment