Thursday 15 September 2011

Chicken Teriyaki, Buffalo and a Bet


And so, another day goes by!  Each of us that bit older and quite possibly not much wiser.  At least for me this is true.  Though being unemployed (technically not true but there is no place on the internet world for semantics), I have an excuse for overloading my mind with Big Bang Theory and films.   However, to my point!  I had chicken teriyaki for my lunch amongst other things and it was glorious.  I also watched a buffalo smash through a wall in a film.  Today has been a good day.
Anyway, enough rambling.  Finally back onto my previous points and today is number 3, as it is quite late and I can discuss this fairly quickly.  So, number 3 is become UN Secretary General.  Why and Do I think I can do it?  Firstly, I’ll be straight up honest with you.  This started as a bet.  You read correct people.  I can just imagine your shocked and horrified gasps of despair.  I can read your thoughts: ‘This man is the worst thing to happen to the world since reality tv’; ‘He is an awful human being’; and ‘my god, he is so short, pale and hairy!  Peter Jackson should have just cast him as all the damned dwarfs’.  You may be right but notice I said started.  A friend, whom shall remain nameless (but rhymes with various words) challenged me, that if I became the Secretary General, he would give me £10000 with no negative stipulation for me (other than the soul crushing feeling of failure of course).  So, I was like heck yeh!   
However, I started thinking and decided that whilst an unlikely and difficult endeavour, I think it is the right career trajectory for me.  I mean, the UN does a lot of good work but I feel some things need to be changed about it and I would love to have a career where I can help change the world for the better.  Sorry, nothing funny here, I just want to help the world!

Now then onto my suggestion! Today, I feel like a change!  So, I am going to recommend a film!  *Gasp* I know.  The film is 'Little Big Solider' and above is the trailer.  I watched it tonight whilst sorting a few jobs and was genuinely impressed with it.  It mixes up martial arts with slight (and funny) slapstick all the whilst managing to keep a coherent, interesting and fairly serious overtone throughout it!  I would watch this if you like any of the above, as they are combined fairly flawlessly.  The only main problem I had with it was the inclusion of some tribesmen, which I felt where fairly flat and overly stereotyped  (8 out of 10)

And for my song of the day! Linkin Park - Rolling in the Deep.  It is just a damned good cover.


So that is me for the night.  Better post soon I hope!  Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment