Saturday 3 September 2011

Beginnings!


First off, I have to admit that I am not a writer by any stretch of the imagination (unless we are talking about academic essays, in which sense, I am still not that good).  So I apologise in advance, should you be hoping for another Twain or Wilde.  You will be sorely disappointed.
With the business part of this over, my name is Robbie and I’m a geographer/researcher by trade (questionable).   The reason I am doing this blog is three-fold.  Firstly, to follow the fairly large change that is coming up in the near future!  Secondly, it is to help me realise my goals, though I am not quite sure how this will work... Finally, it is because I’m bored as hell and want to stave of reality TV for as long as possible.
And so, I have opened myself up to the anonymous critique of the internet and thrown myself into an arena (blogging) filled with so many competitors, the fighting has spilled into the spectator stands (see what I mean).
As mentioned earlier, I have goals and I have a lot of them!  So, I have picked four to concentrate on for this blog, though the others will rear their ugly heads, I’m quite sure.

1. Live in Asia
2.  Gain my PhD and become a lecturer
3. Become Secretary General
4.  Go on a date with Ellen Page

As you may have guessed, I have listed these in descending difficulty.  Number 1 I admit should be quite easy as I am hopefully moving to Nepal for work shortly.  Number 4 is a bit more difficult and quite a bit more obscure.  So, I will be discussing these over the course of my blog!  Oh and if anyone knows Ellen Page, is she single?
Finally, so this blog isn’t all about me, I will randomly link things I find interesting and/or songs I like!

Today, two links:
http://www.chickswithcrossbows.com/   a website dedicated to all things geek and something that I recently discovered and I think it is brilliant!  Worth a checking out!

http://smodcast.com/   From the genius of Kevin Smith, this internet radio and podcast selection is a must for any Kevin Smith fans or for anyone who enjoys humour!  I have literally 400 podcasts from him and the ones I have listened to are thoroughly enjoyable and they are all free!  Mr Smith and all his companions are well worth the listen and are favourites of mine.


Finally, a song (and musician) that I have been listening to a lot recently is the Nightwatchman.  Tom Morello (of RaTM fame) armed with his acoustic guitar and social activism is a must listen for all music fans!

That's enough from me.

Robbie!



No comments:

Post a Comment