Sunday 27 April 2014

Lazy Sunday

So this is going be a multi-themed and somewhat disjointed blog this week! Lot's of little bits and pieces. It's the hors d'oeuvre of blogs.


a) Driving

Driving is frightening...at least for my sister when I'm driving. Indeed, I am pseudo-learning to drive again! Pseudo as in, I already have a licence but haven't driven in two and a half years plus I have no experience of city driving. From my little experience so far, I have learned two things:

  1. Everything around me driving has the potential of jumping in front of my car. Even postboxes. Hell, especially postboxes.
  2. I absolutely loathe multi-lane roundabouts. They are the bane of my existence
Other than that, it's not too bad. I'm still pretty nervous about it but here is hoping that I improve soon and get used to it again! Thank god there are good buses and trains here.


b) Shopping

So, I went shopping (as in clothes shopping) for the first time in ages yesterday and I realised that in almost every shop I went to, the men's departments were usually in either the basement or right at the top of the store, hidden away. I know we are hairier and scruffier but we want to feel loved as well! Give us a ground floor from time to time!  We'll be so grateful, we won't even shed!  I did feel like I earned my beer though plus the farmers market was an added bonus!


c) Giving Blood

No-one wants my blood! I tried to donate my blood on Wednesday but due to a combination of Nepal, China and Bhutan, I was shunned. Sigh. However, they were somewhat apologetic (despite it making complete sense), so in 6 months time, I get tested to see if I'm allowed to give blood. Until then, I'm creating a club for people who aren't allowed to give blood called 'The Quarantined'. There will be cake, so join us. On a serious note though, give blood people: you can save a life!


d) Next week

I'm afraid it is unlikely (though not impossible) that there will be a blog post next weekend. It's my birthday weekend and as such, will most likely not have time to write. That said, it should mean a good post in two weeks!


e) Masterchef

Delicious with a buttery biscuit base

As mentioned, it's a fragmented post this week and quite short but it is Sunday, and you deserve a rest!


Pick of the Week

Giving Blood – As mentioned earlier, you should give blood if you get the chance (Yes, I know I didn't actually give blood but I did try). It doesn't take hours and you can really help someone in need. Click the link to find out more!  Be a hero!


Music of the Week

Raised Fist this week, Words and Phrases: enjoy! No particular reason other than it popped into my head as I was typing.


So there we go!  That wasn't so painful, was it?  Now then, I need to make some sauerkraut.  See you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment