Wednesday 2 April 2014

A Challenger Appears

So, I bet you're wondering what the announcement is, aren't you? Well, wonder no more! As of April, I will be introducing 'Review Robbie' (name, hopefully, subject to change – Ed). No, this isn't an opportunity to assess my positive and negative qualities (positive? - Ed) but instead relates to my goal of trying something new each month!

Basically, what will happen is I will choose something new to try out each month (maybe even a couple of things) and then, on the last Wednesday of the month, I will chronicle my attempts at this task (and introduce the next task as well). This will be done via pictures and my usual mediocre writing. So why do this? Well, as you may remember, I want to use this blog to hold myself accountable for trying new things and it provides a new section as well!

So let's test this out, shall we?


Green Fingers!


I might have been in trouble this month, if not for Derek's Christmas present: Bonsai Trees! Indeed, I've turned my hand to planting some Bonsai trees. So below, you can actually see the trees that I planted in their first home!


Ok, Ok, I get that Bonsai trees aren't exactly a great thing to use in a one month period as there isn't massive growth but still: it's just a trial run! Plus, I will make sure to provide more updates each month.  However, oddly, you are supposed to wrap them in a lightweight plastic bag for a couple of weeks, as you can see below. Then, you put them in the fridge...odd.


Finally, a picture of me with my plants! You know...just in case you didn't believe that it was me that owned them...


So there we go! My new addition to the blog and to my personal life as well. I hope you enjoy it. In fact, I invite you to suggest challenges! Oh, I almost forgot April's challenge...I'm going to teach myself origami! Don't believe me?


See you Sunday and sorry for the selfies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment