Sunday 13 October 2013

The Big 100!

Number 100! It's finally here! I am genuinely surprised that I've managed to get this far: my follow-through and motivation aren't exactly the best but here we are! To be honest, I don't think I've done anything 100 times over, let alone something like this! It's been one hell of a ride! Since starting my blog, I have:

  • Moved to Nepal
  • Visited Japan
  • Finally learned how to make an omelette
  • Ate a giant dragon cake
  • Drank lots of Gluhwein at Christmas
  • Visited my sister in Italy
  • Devoured many egg custard tarts in Hong Kong
  • Dined with a King's Adviser
  • Had over 7000 views
  • interviewed a film director and two music artists
  • and many, many more things
However, what really makes this truly brilliant is that so many of you have continued to read this week after week. I may not be the best blogger around (far from it – Ed) but the fact that so many people have read it and have continued to read it is astounding. It's been hard sometimes, especially as I don't always have something to write about but if even one person continues to read my blog, I will always do my best!

That said, I've been racking my brain with what to do for my 100th post, to try and make it a little special. For this, I've decided on just a simple thank you to show my gratitude...albeit in a slightly different format! I hope you enjoy my first ever video post!  This is completely unedited (I'm sure you can tell - Ed) and was hugely embarrassing...enjoy!  



Pick of the Week

Fallout 3 - War...war never changes.  Fallout 3 is an open world RPG set in the post-apocalyptic world laced with bleak landscapes, destroyed cities and unimaginable evils.  And that's just in the vaults.  As the player, you escape Vault 101 to search for your dad and to explore this wasteland, if you can survive it.  This is an enjoyable game that lets you explore how you want and create the characters you want to play, whilst fighting raiders and mutants.  It can be a little glitchy but the atmosphere more than makes up for it, especially when you're low on ammo, sneaking through a trap riddled school filled with mutants and raiders.


Music of the Week

So, to celebrate the 100th post on One-way Ticket, I've composed a song!  Just kidding, I wouldn't torture anyone with that (cruel and unusual punishment eh? - Ed) but I think that a celebratory song is need!  Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons is one of the cheeriest songs I've heard!



Well, that's it from me and my 100th post!  I've loved writing this so far and I hope I can keep doing it.  More importantly, I hope that you've all enjoyed it as well!  Share it with your friends and I will see you all next week!  Thank you all again.


No comments:

Post a Comment