Friday 2 August 2013

It just came flooding back

I had the urge to listen to the song linked below today and suddenly got transported to a day in my youth, so I thought I would share with you all the story.

It was my first year of university and I went out to meet the girl who had introduced me to this song.  Now, another friend had introduced me to her (or her to me) and we had never met before (RIP MSN), so I was quite nervous about the meeting (as I'm sure you can guess).

However, what followed was (to me anyway) an amazing day where we connected really well and got along perfectly.  We went to the cinema to see some random film; we walked along Sauchiehall street and watched the street performers; we talked and talked and talked; hell I even got a kiss or two.  The sun was shining, our hands were together and the company was perfect.

I never saw her again.

I have no idea what happened: as I said at the start, I thought it all went magically.  Maybe I was wrong as it wouldn't be the first time I misread a mood.  So, if anyone knows a girl that liked the Dresden Dolls, enjoyed art and once went to meet a short guy with long blonde hair and ridiculously baggy black jeans, feel free to subtly ask what happened for me.  Even pass on a hearty hello.  Maybe it was the jeans...

TLDR: Robbie is an emotional girl today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment