Sunday 4 August 2013

Project Atoll: Those Paths We Walk Update 4: You (Can) Not Advance

Who the hell plays a trumpet at 3am?!? I mean seriously! I was woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of someone wandering through the streets, letting out blasts of this horn and singing a repeated chant. BLAST BLAST BLAST CHANT CHANT. BLAST BLAST BLAST CHANT CHANT. At 3am. I checked my clock. Unhappy Robbie is unhappy. Thankfully, there was no such blasting last night, so I got a good rest for the first time in weeks. Just in time as well. Why?

Well because it is time for a Project Atoll: Those Paths We Walk update, and a big one at that (though not exactly long).


Project Atoll: Those Paths We Walk Update 4: You (Can) Not Advance

Indeed, it is that time of the month again and as mentioned, it is a big one! You see, after many weeks of writing and many coffees downed, I have finally finished stage 1 of Project Atoll. Yes, I am ecstatic to announce that the full story outline has been completed. After:

  • 16571 words and
  • 23 pages

it is finally done. This is, of course, only stage 1, with several more stages to complete but it is still a major milestone for me. So, what is next? Well, my plan now is to go through the storyline which is split up into months and then split it into smaller scenes, which I will then start writing scripts for. During this process, I will most likely spend some time doing some edits and some restructuring as well, to get it into the best state for script writing. I will now also begin to put some feelers out for some artists who are interested in working on it and start getting some more concept art created as well.

Obviously, this is my biggest announcement of the week but I would also like to introduce the newest character to the cast. Although I have written about her in the outline, she has previously just been referred to as 'Stanley Bay Shop Girl', so it is nice to have her finally fleshed out a little and for her to have a name. In the interest of fun as well, I will give you a little teaser: she is the love interest of one of the other characters.

Changying Chyou


Sex: Female
Age: 22
Nationality: Hong Kong Citizen
Favourite Food: Roast Goose
Least Favourite: Pak Choi
Description: Changying is seen as a very caring and warm girl, who just wants to provide support and help to those she cares about, even if she has known them for a short time. Studying to be a sociologist in Hong Kong, she spends her summer holidays helping out at her aunt’s store in Stanley Bay. She also has a mischievous and playful streak that helps endear people to her.


Pick of the Week

Logitech M235 Mouse – Now, I don't often recommend any products but this mouse impressed me recently. As a mouse, it works great and is comfortable and reliable to use but that isn't why I'm recommending it. No, instead I'm recommending it because I dropped from the third floor onto hard tiles and the only damage was a slight peeling of the rubber grips.  Seriously.  This is 100% true.  It still works perfectly at well.  I'd be in much worse shape if I was dropped off the third floor.


Music of the Week

This week, it is the return of Tech N9ne but this time he has a friend!  I give to you, Tech N9ne featuring Serj Tankian - Straight out the gate, 


Well, that is it from me this week.  If you need me, I will be hunting trumpet/horn players in my area.  Don't forget you can subscribe at at the bottom of the page either!  See you all next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment