Sunday 31 August 2014

Where are they now?

Nothing like a good coffee and a cooking show to wake you up. I've mentioned it before but one of the biggest (and perhaps oddest) things that I missed when I was living in Nepal was watching cooking shows. I couldn't stream them nor did I have any TV, so I'm still really enjoying being able to do various things whilst watching Saturday Kitchen or Sunday Brunch or MasterChef or The Great British Bake Off or...wow, I'm starting to realise how many cooking shows there are...but I probably love them all.

Oh well! It's time for a little update of my life, seeing as I haven't done masses recently. The first one, and as you've probably seen (as most readers are from facebook – Ed), is that I have a girlfriend. Yay! First time in a...em let's not get into that, shall we? However, it did catch my attention that the obligatory facebook relationship status update became my most liked status of the year, beating my return home (though, in fairness, this included two groups of people). Makes me feel quite warm inside actually.  So now I get to do relationshippy things like brunch or late breakfast or early lunch! Ok, so I really like brunch...

The next update...well, I suppose it's more of a musing perhaps, is that it's surprisingly (or not) difficult to write a travel blog without, well, travelling. So, I've been brainstorming a few idea's of what to do with my blog and here are a few:
  • A meteorology blog: because based on how often the professionals get it right, it shouldn't be too hard, should it? I can guess the weather like anyone else
  • A psychic blog: I could probably do this, and post it on the internet. I'm sensing someone out there knows a Steve...who likes food...and has arms...and skin. Yes? Oh god, it's the spirits coming through me.  He wants you to share my blog with everyone you know
  • A cooking blog...solely because I'd get to eat good food
Ok, so I will probably just keep on writing about my mundane life but who knows...it does look like rain today.

The final update is that I'll be on holiday in a couple of weekends! Yes, that's right, I will be off on holiday again so I will have some traveling to write about! I'm off to Spain for a week and then, a couple of weeks later, I'm off to North America (cannot wait)! So sadly, there will be a couple of breaks (I'm sure you're all heartbroken - Ed) but it does mean that I will have some more things to write about!  I even bet I can drag the holiday posts out for the entire of 2015!




Pick of the Week


Hairy Biker's Asian Adventure - You've probably got the idea by now that I love Asia. If you haven't, then you've clearly missed something. You may or may not know that I also love cooking. I'm also a big fan of the Hairy Bikers. What happens when you put all three together? An interesting and delicious TV show and cook book is what happens. Yes, the Hairy Bikers saddle up and ride through Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea giving an overview of the country and the local cooking. Delicious.




Music of the Week



Ok, so my song of the week is by the comedian Sarah Silverman, and features Matt Damon. I won't mention the title here but it isn't really child friendly...let's just leave it at that!


See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment