Sunday 7 September 2014

Yay or nay? The battle carries on!

Ok, so this is going to be a short blog but hopefully an important one: Scottish Independence! Ooft I can hear the groans and/or arguing already but don't worry. As I said, it will be short.


First of all, I will say that I am a no voter. And that's all I will say on that (and I wouldn't really bother trying to convince me otherwise either...not because I'm close-minded but because my postal vote has already been sent...).


No, I'm going to commit what might be the ultimate taboo in this vote by not trying to convince you to change sides (though by all means, feel free to chat to me). Instead, all I want to say is: if you can vote, then please do vote. This is probably the biggest decision in the history of Scotland and for me, it would be great to see a turnout of 80 – 90%, so that it really is the majority of the population being heard: not just the loudest.


On the 18th, make your vote count!

As I said, short.


Pick of the Week


True Facts – This is a rather amusing tongue-in-cheek series that provides 'facts' about certain animals, insects and fish. Personally, it's the voice that gets me and his description of the Mantis Shrimp having 'psychopathic tendencies like clowns'. Worth a watch if you've got 5 minutes free and want a break from all this serious independence talk.





Music of the Week

Ok, you've all heard this song before but I'm not sure if you will have heard it like this!  This is Linkin Park - In the End but in 20 different song styles.  Pretty skilled actually.


Next week, I visit a castle and eat chicken and I'll be on holiday! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment