Sunday 8 June 2014

Sleep Cartridge Empty, Please Replace

*Yawn*

I am so tired today that it isn't even funny (not that being tired is particularly funny – Ed) so it's another short blog update from me...mostly so I don't miss two weeks in a row. Yes, yes, I know that I suck. I make this big noise about being more awesome in my blog then miss several weeks but I didn't account for one thing: a social life! I mean seriously! How do people get things done whilst having one? I mean, I'm going out on Tuesday evening! That's a school night What am I, a rock star?!?

On a serious note though, I've been doing various things that have demanded my attention and kept me busy but on the plus side, I have actually finalised my trip to America and Canada after around 5 hours of umming and awwing and I am now off to New York, Boston, Edmonton/Lloydminster, Calgary and Banff! It's going to be awesome! I'm even getting to meet up with my old friend Cara in New York before attending my other old friend Matt's wedding in Canada! It's going to be a blast, ay!

So that has been planned and ticked off my list (though the borderline obsessive planning of the trip still needs to be done - Travel Ed), and this week, I'm off to see the lovable and offensive puppets in Avenue Q this week, so that should be something new and exciting as well! After this, my free time should settle down again and I'll be back to making my more normal and nonsensical posts next week.


Pick of the Week

The Colditz Story – This is a book I was given many years ago which follows the ingenious, courageous and true attempted (and successful, of course) escapes of Allied World War 2 officers who were locked up at Coldizt. The book highlights just how inventive some of these escapes were (home-made glass screws anyone?) but more importantly, it shows how they kept their spirits up throughout their imprisonment. A great read, especially for anyone who enjoys history.


Music of the Week

I've just started listening to these guys again and they are still as good as the first time I listened to their CD. It's the Backyard Babies with Colours.  Enjoy


Yay, I actually managed to type together some words to create a post this week!  I'm not completely useless!  Woo!  See you next week folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment