Sunday 25 May 2014

The Dark Writer Returns

It's been a while, hasn't it? I guess I have sort of neglected my blog for a while as I've tried to get things sorted out in Edinburgh. It's quite odd...I've been back for around two months but I still feel like I'm just settling in. I think that I've just realised that I am here for good and that this is my new home. This was actually punctuated by a thoroughly enjoyable morning with a friend at the farmers market followed by lunch. A great way to spend a morning and was only a couple of hours but it was very different to how I had to  meet friends when I lived abroad: I would need to plan in advance and usually spend the entire evening/morning with them, to maximize time. Anyway, this isn't an excuse. I apologise for neglecting the blog and I will make sure that this is done regularly from now on.

So what have I been up to? Well I had my birthday weekend a few weeks ago which was a medley of good food, drinking, great company, walking and a brilliant card game (discussed below).  I've also been home for a quiet weekend as well, where I just relaxed, walked a little and started planning my trip to Canada (whilst marathoning Agents of SHIELD), which I've now almost completed! Yes, it might be about 5 months away but that doesn't mean that I can rest on my laurels! I've got to plan dammit!  It has to have military precision!  Oh god, I have a problem...

So, it has been a quiet few weeks but that will hopefully change soon! And really, this week's blog was just to slowly bring myself back into the habit of blogging again and to convince you all that I am still alive and kicking! Don't fret though: you didn't think that I would let you leave empty handed, did you? I'm not a monster. Here are some pictures from my walk up Arthur's Seat...amazing as it is in the middle of Edinburgh.























Pick of the Week

Cardsagainst Humanity - This card game has a simple premise: you get 10 cards (white) and the 'reader' draws one story card (black). They read it out and then you pick the funniest card to submit, which the 'reader' reads out randomly and then they pick the winner (usually the funniest answer). Doesn't sound like much, does it (though it doesn't help how I explained it)?  And yet it my friends and I were in tears from laughter for around 3 hours. You will laugh; you will be judged; you will feel a little bit awful and awkward afterwards but, at the end of the day, you will have had one hell of a good time.  Check them out but be warned, a sense of humour is absolutely necessary.


Music of the Week

Thanks to Derek for this week's song and it has been one that has been playing a lot whilst I've been at home: Five Finger Death Punch's cover of House of the Rising Sun.


So that's it for this Sunday.  A short blog to get us all back into the habit but next week will be longer!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment