Sunday 2 March 2014

Short but hopefully sweet

Well now, it looks like I'm going to have to revert to another small post this week as it has not been the greatest week for me, at least for blogging. The first half of the week, I was pretty ill and the second half I was attending an education fair down in Pokhara.  Now, this was really fun (and I got to stay in a 5* hotel) but it doesn't make for great writing unless you want to hear me rant and rave about how great a breakfast I had (there was pancakes and croissants!) and the nice evening I had chatting with everyone. Another possibility would be to rant about getting to and from Pokhara, which was pretty hellish and really involved me either sitting in a mini-bus or an airport for hours.  As I said, not great writing.  That said, if you ever get to go to a British Council Education Fair, I would really recommend it!  They are really fun and allow you to see some of the country as well.

Not only this but the pre-written material I was going to use has vanished as well.  Not my week for blog entries!  However, don't fret!  I'm off to Bhutan this week and I still have to write my goodbye to Nepal, so my entries will pick-up again next week!

Until then, I'm just going to distract you with my pretty pictures.  These were a nice going away present from Pokhara: the clearest and closet views of the mountains I've seen since coming to Nepal!





Pick of the Week

Yeti Airlines - I have to say, I was hugely impressed with Yeti Airlines on Saturday!  Due to bad weather, the airport had opened late and my flight with Buddha Air had been delayed (as had various other flights).  However, as time went on, it became increasingly apparent that my Buddha Air flight wasn't coming at all, despite being reassured that the flight was always 'just coming'.  As I sat there, 5 or 6 Yeti Airlines flights arrived and no Buddha Air flights at all: not a great sign.  After a while, I decided to suck it up and just pay for another flight, so I headed to the Yeti Airlines flight desk to ask if they had any spare seats I could buy. Not only did they have some spare seats but they told me I could switch my Buddha Air flight for one of theirs, for free!  Lo and behold, I was able to fly home after almost 5 hours of delays!  Not only did they switch my tickets, but on the flight itself, they served free coffee, peanuts and sweets.  Very impressed with them and I fully recommend them!


Music of the Week

This week, it's Soil's turn with the song Halo.  Catchy and happy, with people on the ceiling.  What more do you want from a song?


Ok, so another short post this week and I'm sorry about that but my week wasn't exactly conducive to a great blog entry.  At least I had some pretty pictures this time.  Regardless, things will be much better next week, so see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment