Sunday 23 February 2014

Now with more baggage!

It’s funny how life can mirror itself. For example, after talking to a friend a few years ago who shared a love of good coffee with me, I made a small decision. I decided that when I got my first ‘grown-up’ job, I would spend my first pay cheque on a good coffee machine. Nothing fancy and nothing flashy: just a nice coffee machine that would add a little extra to my mornings. Sadly that never happened.

My first ‘grown-up’ job was in Nepal and due to regular power-cuts, I ended up deciding that I should get a cafétiere instead. It still does the same job in that it creates a nice coffee but it wasn't quite right. It wasn't what I had promised myself. I had settled for it, rather than longed for it. However, due to a sudden development, I will now be able to finally make this disappointment up to myself. The twist is that instead of using my first cheque of my first job, I’m going to use the last cheque of my first job.

Indeed, this coffee story was just a roundabout way of informing everyone (if you hadn't seen it already) that I will be changing jobs in the near future. Not only that but I will be moving back to Scotland as well!!! Yes, after almost two and a half years, I will be returning back to Scotland for my new job. So put the 15th of March in your diary (or don’t - Ed) as it’s the day that I return and finally get my coffee machine! Prepare to be bombarded with hugs and drinks Scottish people.

As excited as I am about returning to the UK (and a little sad about leaving Nepal), I’m not going to write a full post about this. This is just an announcement but don’t worry: before I leave, I will make sure to write a proper goodbye to Nepal. What I will say though is thank you for the memories Nepal and TBC. You've always kept it interesting.

Until then, I’m just going to start boxing up everything I own. Again. How I loathe packing but I am getting pretty damn good at it! In other news, it looks like one of my final responsibilities in Nepal will be visiting the remote Kingdom of Bhutan. If only all goodbyes were so sweet.  More on that later.


Pick of the Week

BrewDog – I don’t think I've ever recommended a beer before, let alone a brewery but any brewery that creates a protest beer which they then send to Vladamir Putin deserves it! It helps that they make quirky and delicious beers as well. Check them out though I will be surprised (and a little disappointed) if you haven’t already.


Music of the Week

This is one of the best covers I have ever heard and certainly the most upbeat one as well.  Seriously, this cheers me up like no other.  Rob Zombie - We're an American Band is a brilliant song on a brilliant album.  Check it out.


A short post this week but perhaps more dramatic than most! Now then, if you excuse me, I need to start looking out boxes and an umbrella.  

No comments:

Post a Comment