Sunday 23 June 2013

Project Atoll Update 3 - Here We Go Again



So, in the past year or so, a whole load of my friends have been getting married; starting serious relationships; getting pregnant and having children; celebrating anniversaries; and buying houses.  What have I been doing?  Befriending a street dog whom I’ve named Heimdal (as he is normally found at my front gate).  Not sure if I should be viewing this as an awesome use of my time and start high-fiving strangers in the street or if I should be curled up on my couch listening to ‘Whitesnake – Here I go again’ whilst sobbing into a bottle of vodka.  Doesn’t help that last night I had a rather touching dream where a girl who shall not be named and I lay down to watch the stars underneath a blanket whilst holding hands...  

You’re trying to work out if I’m talking about you, aren’t you (ahahahahahahahahahahaha - Ed)?  On the other hand, I found a recipe for bacon jam so it kind of evens out.  The recipe is here.

Anyway, I’ve got to admit, not much has happened to me over the past couple of weeks (certainly not much that is positive, and I don’t really want to sit and write posts about that) so I think now is a good time for a Project Atoll – Those Paths We Walk update, as I haven’t done one in a while.  The biggest news is that I have now broken the 10,000 word mark for the storyline.  It’s been a long time coming but I finally made it past that milestone.  However, I’m still not at the script stage just yet but I am getting closer.  As I mentioned in my last update, I’ve been expanding my overview by adding in key events and small descriptions of each event to create a more detailed view of what’s happening and this is what I am still working on but I’ve only got 2 months left to expand (out of 7, which is the timescale of the movie).  Once I’ve completed this stage, I will have a quick run through, adding a couple of non-essential scenes that I want in and then it will be scripting!  Once that has started, I can begin to add a page or two of script into the blog as well.

The second piece of news is that I’ve decided on the name of Rinoa’s band (for which she is the drummer).  The name of her band is going to be ‘Summer Days, Monsoon Nights’ which I think reflects the storyline quite well and is in honour of my recent trip to Hong Kong.  Now, the band is actually a key part of the story, so I don’t want to reveal too much about it but I can reveal the following:

  1. The band is made up of two guitarists who are twins and a bassist who claims to be quiet and moody (and dresses as such) but who doesn’t shut up (as well as Rinoa).  The actual characters will be revealed soon.  
  2. You also find out that Rinoa used to sneak out of her parents house when she was underage to play with the band in club during a scene in an aviary.
So that's it for this week: just a short update until the script is started.


Pick of the Week

Man of Steel - I finally got to see this on Friday night and I was blown away by it.  Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Superman but the film was incredibly well done.  First of all, Henry Cavill was a great choice for taking up the 'tights and cape' and really does Clark/Kal justice.  I genuinely felt that he was searching for a place in the world and had accepted his isolation, plus you can see him grow as he accepts his responsibilities.  This combined with a good, well told storyline (great use of flashbacks and music helps a lot with this) and great (but followable) action makes for a great relaunch of the franchise.


Music of the Week

Ok, I came across this last night and it caught my attention, so I give you Combichrist - This is my Rifle.  Enjoy!


So, a short post this week but it does what I needed it to do!  Now then, if you excuse me, I need to attempt making pancakes again...wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment