Sunday 19 February 2012

Leave whilst you still can!


Another Sunday, another blog post.  To be honest, I am currently not very sure what I am going write for the post, so chances are it won’t be very good this week.  Normally when I post, I at least have a general idea of what I am going to talk about, usually based on something I have done or have had happen to me or have seen.  However, the past seven days have to not been very good at all, arguably the worst week I have had since arriving.  That said, I am not sure if it is as bad as I think it is or if I have entered the ‘homesick’ period of being an expat and as such, things are affecting me more than normal.  Either way, I complain enough in real life and it is the general opinion that I need to ‘man up’ so I won’t go into my week in any more detail.    

Hence my predicament, because I need some idea or topic to write badly about and this week, my mind is completely blanking.  Ok, I suppose there is one thing I can briefly talk about…though it does involve returning to the quagmire of my week.  Ready?  Ok, hold your breath, jump in and for the love of Odin, hope for the best…
.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
I GOT BEAT AT POOL BY AN 8 YEAR OLD…
 
TWICE


Yes, I am ashamed to admit that this is 100% true.  I was invited by my friend Bob who, on Friday night, was looking after Dave’s (my boss) son.  As such, I met them in Thamel and we headed to a place with a pool table, as Bob had planned to teach David some pool techniques.  Things were going fine until that dreaded moment when David decided he wanted to put what he had learnt to the test…and I lost.  That said, because I was playing so badly, Bob decided to show me how to play properly and so hopefully will get better!  Desperately managed to find some form of silver lining from that situation…  In all honesty though, it was an enjoyable night, if not my finest moment, and did help to improve my week slightly!

Picks of the Week

Hmmm what to highlight this week?  Not really sure again...

Bleach - Ok, as I can't think of anything, I will recommend another anime.  Bleach is the 3rd anime I really got into and I am still currently watching today.  The story is based around the main character Ichigo Kurosaki, who gains the power of a Soul Reaper, and slowly expands to cover the other soul reapers as well as various others groups of allies/enemies.  
Be warned though, should you decided to start watching it, be prepared for the long haul in two ways.  First of all, it currently has 15 seasons and well over 300 episodes.  Secondly, whilst it starts off good, the best episodes start of in season 2/3 then there are various quality episodes and story arcs throughout (Filler episodes I am looking at you!).  That said, should you make it through some of the fillers, the later episodes are brilliant and really get you involved both with the story and the characters.  The characters are well written and all have their own (mostly) well written personalities (though some are somewhat 'colourful' and/or cliche) which is all the more impressive due to the fairly large ensemble of characters.  The storyline is quite often dark, with plenty of twists and turns that keep you wondering what will happen.  One in particular I just watched, still managed to surprise me even though I knew generally what would happen.  I would recommend!


Songs of the week

I came across these two after their cameo in Epic Rap Battles of History and found them to be quite amusing.  Enjoy!  Rhett and Link - The Break Up Song!
 

 Hmm I suppose I should actually add a proper song as well....
Backyard Babies - Nomadic.  These guys are just brilliant.

Ok, so this went on for longer than planned and I know it was exactly brilliant.  However, I will try to make it up to everyone some point this week. That said, hopefully you got a little laugh over my pool-playing exploits!  Anyways, enough for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment