Sunday 12 May 2013

Seriously, can someone explain how I look like a girl?



Did you miss me?!?  No?!?  Oh right.  Well, I’m back from my holiday back home and I am feeling fine and refreshed…mostly.  I’ll admit that this hasn’t been the greatest week of my life due to a variety of factors, which hasn’t exactly helped the whole ‘coming back from the UK again’ thing but I am generally cheery, so yay!  Even if I wasn’t, I still need to get this blog restarted so I've manned up and got stuck in.  I’ve decided not to write about my week home as I want to spend some time writing it and this week, I’ve took it easy to help settle back into Nepal life (damn this heat!).  So, here is a post I wrote on my flight back to the UK to help ease us all back into the blogging life.  I meant to post it the day I got back but, due to various reasons, I never got round it.  Enjoy!


I look like a girl but don’t know why

Well now, how much must I love you all that I'm writing a blog post when I'm on holiday (not much is seems as it wasn’t posted until after he got back – hard truth ed)!  Don't let the fact that I'm stuck on an airplane with not much else to do lessen this for you because I love you all this much!  This would be where I hold my arms out to show you but A. you wouldn't see and B. I'm pretty sure it would annoy the people next to me (though the guy did keep snorting through the entire flight).  Regardless, it's a lot.

Other than to stave off boredom, I'm writing this as I have had one the most amusing airport incident in my life occur today and I wanted to share it.  Basically (and I'm sure that you had to be there), I had an elderly but very friendly security guard come up and ask me if I'm a girl (more common than I'd like to admit).  As you would expect, especially as I'm in the security section surrounded by guards, I replied with a very friendly and polite 'No, I'm a guy'.  Then, with a completely straight face, he looked me in the eyes and asked 'are you sure?'.  I had to admit, he threw me off guard there.  This was the start of the one and only (I hope) debate of which of the two sexes I belong to.  Thankfully, this was done in jest (I think) and he certainly brightened up my day.  Oddly, he managed to get me to agree I'm 90% male, 10% female...I think it might be time for me to get my hair cut.  My long hair also might explain why the security guard who was doing by pat-down seemed so happy to see me and made small talk with me...

Ok, I feel like I should stop typing now as I'm currently sitting in the aisle seat and my elbows keep getting hit by oncoming duty-free trolleys.  Besides, I just wanted to share my little anecdote with you anyway.


Pick of the Week 

My Anime List - Ok, this is for all you Anime and Manga fans out there!  My Anime List does what it says on the tin: it creates a list of all the anime (and manga) that you've watched.  Not only that but it gives you some interesting statistics (I've watched 27.4 days worth of anime) and can offer recommendations of animes that you may like as well.  Add in an active community of like-minded people and you've got a useful website for keeping track of your anime collections!


Music of the Week 

As mentioned at the start of the post, this hasn't exactly been a great week for me, so this week's choice of music reflects this.  An older song that I had forgotton about, I think it sums up the week aptly: Nodes of Ranvier - Defined by Struggle.


So, a slow introduction back into One-way Ticket this week but hopefully things will pick up speed from here on.  Plus, I've got the title of Project Atoll to reveal in the next Project Atoll update.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment