Sunday 10 March 2013

The time is now!



I do believe it’s time!  The first reveal of Project Atoll artwork!  Exciting!  I was going to discuss some other things today but I think I will keep it for next week and concentrate purely on the reveal.  Before I insert the picture, and in the spirit of Mother’s Day, I would like to dedicate this to my mum.  Thank you for all the supports, advice and love you’ve given me over the years and for always being there for me.  I honestly wouldn’t be where I am today if you hadn’t nor would I have the courage to try my hand at Project Atoll, so thank you from the bottom of my heart: I hope you like the picture!  Without further ado, I give you ‘Harbourside’.

You can click to enlarge it: I had to make is smaller otherwise it didn't fit properly
Well there we go, the first piece of art work I've ever had commissioned and who knows where it will it will lead: maybe it will become a success or maybe it won't.  Only time will tell.  A massive thank you to Adtsutm for creating the picture for me.  I’ve linked his webpage on his name so if anyone else wants some work done, you can,  For me, Harbourside reprsents the fact that Project Atoll is actually evolving and taking shape, something you may not be able t see as it is a little more difficult to show you with my script (It is, I promise – Screenwriting Ed).  In fact, I’ve been working on the timeline as I’ve decided to cover 3 different characters lives in the story and I think that having a timeline for this will be useful.  By having the timeline, it means that I can see how different events in the character’s lives overlap and interact, helping to ensure that nothing is missed.  
 
Finally, you may be thinking to yourself ‘Geez, a man standing at a harbour, overlooking the sea in quiet contemplation?  Cliché much?’.  Well, the fact is that Hong Kong harbour plays a major part in Project Atoll and I wanted it to be in the first piece of art work created for it.  In fact, if you recall from a previous post, I chose Hong specially for the harbour area.  Not only this, but a major incident (if not the major incident) occurs at Hong Kong harbour so I felt it was a great setting for the picture.


Pick of the week

The Man with the Iron Fists – I’m a big fan of cheesy martial art films and ‘The Man with the Iron Fists’ does not disappoint.  Written by the RZA (of Wu-Tang Clan fame) and an obvious homage to old martial art films, this is a non-stop, balls-to-the-wall action film complete with ridiculous stunts, insane weapons and over-the-top gore.  Whilst the storyline is somewhat cliché with no particularly stand out characters, this is still a fun film to put on during a Saturday night with your friends and have a beer to.  It’s just good fun.


Music of the Week 

Well, this is an easy choice as I recently discovered a band that I liked so much, I went out and bought one of their albums straight away.  I then realised I actually had one of their albums and didn't know...thankfully it wasn't the one I bought though.  Hailing from Taiwan and incorporating a variety of unusual instruments such as the Chinese Erhu and Tibetan Bells, Chthonic caught my attention immediately.  This only grew when I researched them a little and discovered they sing about ancient history and methodology as well as highlighting tragic events that befell Tawain (to raise awareness).  Members of the band are also renowned political activists who are seeking indepedence for Taiwan (one is chairman of the Taiwanese branch of Amnesty International).  I give you Chthonic - Takao.

 

Well that's it for me.  I can't tell you how pleased I am with the concept work I just got and I hope over the next few months, I can show you more and more!  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment