Monday 13 August 2012

The art of entendre

Well then, my dear readers, I have been put to shame.  Out classed.  Left in the dust.  Why?  Because my sausage just wasn’t big enough!  It wasn’t meaty enough.  It was just plain small!  Misleading comments aside, I recently blogged about how, when shopping at my local market, I came across a massive pork sausage.  I also made a joke about how it was risky and potential blog suicide…

Shortly afterwards, I got an email from my sister telling me that my sausage wasn’t even that big…she then sent a picture (below) that completely dwarves my sausage…which meant that I took the blog risk for nothing.  Oh well, enjoy the picture!  I think I may have to avoid the word sausage for a long time.  Any one else seen larger?

The biggest is like my forearm!

At my sister's request

So, I only have two pieces items to write about, the first being linked to the Nepalese banking system.  Oh god, what’s he going to rant about today?”  For once, it’s not actually a rant as I was finally able to submit all my documents (i.e. my documents were finally accepted) to the main bank to see if I can send my wages home.  After three months of trying, various letters and multiple meetings, it is almost over!  I almost hugged the man I was dealing with but that kind of thing is frowned upon I’ve been warned.  Alas, this may not be the end of it as on Wednesday, I will find out if I can actually send my money home (hence why the blog isn’t great today, he’s quite worried about this – Sensitive Ed).  However, my fingers are proverbially crossed that everything will be ok and that on Sunday, I will be bouncing excitably into my bank to send money home.  If not, I will probably collapse into a boneless heap of angst and self-pity, weeping inconsolably…

My potential nervous breakdown aside, I can also finally show the final picture took from The British College photo shoot and one that has actually been used in advert.  Yup, this advert has been shown in some of the major Nepalese newspapers…which is pretty exciting when you think about it.  I’m honestly surprised that this is the reason my ‘mug-shot’ has been included in the newspaper.  However, here it is:


This was perhaps the most uncomfortable shot for me to take, for two reasons.  The first is that it was unbelievably hot and I had to stand outside in the blazing sun for quite a while (He didn’t even get to put on make-up – Ed).  The second is that I had no idea who those two girls were (I do know they are ACCA students at the college but you get the idea… stop being pernickety) and that was just odd.  Now then, I don’t like people at the best of times and having to stand there and hug two near-strangers was an odd and unique experience.  Having to smile and pretend that somebody I don’t know is somebody that I would hug was kind of difficult but thankfully the two girls were absolutely lovely which made it that much easier.  That said, I almost sprinted up the stairs once the photographers said that it was over…need to work on this socially awkward thing.



Pick of the week     

Ukiyo-e Heroes – Ok, it’s another kickstarter project for me but I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it (and it came at an appropriate time).  What Jed Henry and David Bull do is turn beloved video game characters into a Japanese art form: either though digital print or by traditional wood print.  Either medium look amazing but the woodprints are hand carved using the traditional Japanese technique.  I’ll be the first to admit they are expensive but it is such an interesting design and art style that it is worth the price for such artwork!  These days, I tend to freak out at paying much money for anything but I think I will have to invest in a couple of pieces for my future homes…now just to decide which I want!   


Music of the week

Hmm I had no idea until it suddenly struck me: Soil - Redefine!  Enjoy!

Ok, I will try to post some characters from my anime at some point - to make up for my poor post this week.  Hopefully I will also have something more interesting to write about next week.  Also, I'll be planning my Japanese trip soon so might include some stuff on that as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment