Wednesday 9 November 2011

At Least It Will Keep Away The Flies


Currently, I live with a spider that is afraid of the hoover.  True story.  

Moving on, I haven’t exactly been in a blogging frenzy as of late but I just moved 4000 odd miles away, so I’m sure there is an excuse somewhere in there.  However, as I sit in my flat, pondering my current predicament it occured to me, it has been a while since I have been well and truly alone.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not about to go into a depressing rant but usually I have had family, friends or a faithful pup to keep me company (or in some cases, an imaginary Canadian who fell asleep way too much).  Not now.  Yeh, I have some nice building mates around but at the end of the day, I get up alone; go to bed alone; and most of the time in my flat, I’m alone.  So, before we continue, go find your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, friend, flatmate or pet a hug.  They make a difference.  That done?  Good.

So, the Kathmandu situation?  Pretty good.  Not used to the roads and pollution yet but I do plan a visit to the Shivapuli (?) national park and might spend a weekend there once I get my first pay check.  I went around the city a bit at the weekend and I have to say, the temples here are amazing.  I mean they are truly a glimpse into the heart and soul of Nepalese religion and tradition.  You feel almost insignificant when wandering around them and from what I can gather, I haven’t even seen the best ones yet.  It is remarkable that , in this day and age, they can still be in such good condition and be so revered.  Humbling and moving, I’m not a good enough writer to put what I mean into words.

As for Thamel, oh my, I do enjoy the bars (it didn’t hurt running into two lovely ladies from Dubai) but the star of the show here has to go to the cover bands.  Brilliant!  I have seen three so far and have been treated by a medley of well sung songs by bands such as Metallica, White Stripes and the Beatles.  And I stress, well sung.  Each song was sung in a good tone and in the appropriate tune/manner.  Mayhaps I got lucky but they will be a constant in my night life I do believe.

I do have more to talk about but to be honest, I am tired and need to get things ready.  Though I will say, about 200 views since my third last post.  Not too shabby.  Just under 200 views until someone wins…  Night all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment