Sunday 2 October 2011

The Internet Is For Quorn


So, it was seemingly hug a vegetarian day yesterday, sorry to any vegetarians that I know and that I didn’t hug!  However, it got me thinking.  I reckon October should be Hug a Robbie month.  Just tossing the idea out.
Ok, I’ll be drastically honest.  Not much has happened to me since my last proper blog (i.e. ignoring the blog that was primarily for whoring my blog like the cheap thing it is).  I saw Michael and Cara (of ‘looking after me when hung-over’ fame) which was a great way to spend my Saturday afternoon.  Especially as the main topic was various comic related issues.  Then today, the highlight was napping with the Beagle for half an hour.  So, now that we have caught up,  onto the main reason for this blog!  It is time to do some good!



Post Pals

My friend Becca posted this on her wall and to be honest, it is a brilliant idea.  Basically, you send a letter (or email, gifit etc) to a sick child and hopefully make them smile.  Nothing more and nothing less.  I sent an email to a young boy named Philip (I even got to talk about Star Wars) and I will probably send other emails/letters to more children.  It is something small but it will mean the world to the children who receive them.  Come on, make a child smile today!   

And I suppose, just to keep tradition, some songs that I have been listening to today!  Both are from my Visual Kei section of Itunes.


First up is Sadie - Meisai.  One of the first Japanese bands I listened to.



Last but not least, Drop Star Shooting - Friday the 13th.  Incredibly catchy and toe-tapping (I just winced typing that) sound, a perfect Sunday night pick me up!


Once again, enough from me but don't forget, make a kid smile!  Also, remember to spread the word of the blog!  That way, you can all enjoy watching me make a complete tool of myself running a marathon once we get the 1000th view!  I will most likely film and upload my attempts for all to enjoy (read as laugh at).

No comments:

Post a Comment