Tuesday 1 September 2015

Life is a whirlwind

Gooooooooooooooooooddd evening everyone!  How are you?  I'm quite well, thanks for asking.  It has been a disjointed couple of weeks, filled with boxes of stuff, Fringe shows and emergency sewing.  So, rather than bore you with several articles on each item, I thought I would write one article with a snapshot of each incident…and potentially bore you, of course.  Plus I get to make a list!!  I do like lists...Let us dive right into this shallow pool of my life:


1.       I have lots of stuff, with more to come.
Due to several reasons out with my control, I had to look on in horror as pile upon pile of boxes of my stuff were delivered to my house (no, I've not been disowned), as Alison silently wondered when she started dating a hoarder and where we would now live, now that the house had been turned into storage space for boxes.  Thankfully, I've managed to get rid of a lot of it but with the dark knowledge that more is to come...


2.       I’m a dab hand at making skirts under pressure
Ok, so I didn't actually make a skirt at all but I did do a lot of pinning and measuring, to help Alison cut out the material for said skirts.  I didn't even stab myself with the pins!  I must be a natural tailor.


3.       Ed Byrnes
Is funny.  It’s true.  So, I went to see him at the Fringe the other day and he was brilliant.  In fits from start to finish.  Just thought you had to know.


4.       Get off the roads!
Public service announcement: stay off the roads (and millions of roundabouts) in Livingston, for I am driving again!  EVERY.  SINGLE.  DAY.  Totally not sick of yet…Again, thank you to Alison for her patience and daredevilry for getting into the car with me, as I build up my confidence again!


5.       Being drunk does not necessarily constitute being funny
Nor does saying that you look like ‘X with Y happened to it’ several times for ten minutes (e.g. Rod Stewart after being in the microwave)…I’m looking at you, first comedian at ‘Pick of the Fringe’.  Yes, Alison and I went to see some of Scotland’s top picks of Fringe performers…and one was not good.  The rest were hilarious though, so don’t feel too bad!


6.       Gin in so many ways
Not going to lie…until recently, I thought a cocktail with gin involved mixing it with tonic.  How wrong I was.  Alison and I decided to visit a rather unusual Fringe show that was actually put on by Hendricks Gin: Hendrick's Emporium of Sensorial Submersion.  I'm not quite sure how to describe this but I will give it a go…Imagine you were sent to ‘ye olde colonial health spa’ where you were being treated to improve your senses…but with gin and oddness.  It was awesome, and eclectic.  The show itself lasts about two hours and consists of five rooms:
a.       The Welcome Room – where you are greeted with a gin and tonic, and some rather eccentric measurements to see if you’re ok.  I was an 8.1 sadly.
b.      The Quietest Bar on Earth – In a completely white room, you’re served a Dry Martini in complete silence.
c.       The Classroom – It’s back to school, as you are asked to test 3 drinks and record their flavours, while listening to some music.
d.      The machine – Enter a room draped in red, where each time you touch your glass (filled with Corpse Reviver No. 2), a musical note is produced.  
e.      The yoga room -  Here you can relax and let the gong waves wash over you, before drinking a non-alcoholic cucumber drink, whilst giggling a little about the piping coming from outside.  I do like gin...

So this has been my life for the past couple of weeks!  Now, if you excuse me, I have to go drive.  AGAIN.  As an added bonus, here are some random pictures of the Fringe!









Pick of the Week

Stitcher – If you’re like me, you will listen to podcasts from time to time.  If you do, then check out Stitcher, a site dedicated to streaming podcasts.  There are thousands to choose from and you can listen to them from your computer or your phone!  Great for when you’re out or about.


Music of the Week


Sometimes I think I should get Michael to do Music of the Week, the amount of times he has influenced what I choose.  Thanks to him, the song of the week is Snog – Everything is Under Control.  Enjoy.


See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment