Tuesday 27 November 2012

A taste of things to come...



Wow, I’ve been pretty awful updating recently, haven’t I?  Well, do not fret my dear readers,  for I have returned!  What’s even better is that I even have a stock of blogs waiting!  Yup, due to my adventures in Japan, I have 5 posts (at the least) ready for you!  Can you say ‘dragging it out?  So, I hope you enjoy this little teaser from me and the first actual post (with pictures) will be out when I can be bothered editing it (probably Thursday or Friday) and then once a well afterwards!

Prologue: Arrival
*The interesting thing about this section of the blog was that I was typing it as it happened.  Whilst it was downtime e.g. sitting waiting for my transfer, this was still as close to as a real-time blog as you could get*

Ok, I figure I may as well start my first Japan blog entry as I sit in Hong Kong Airport, idly  waiting for a delayed plane that may ruin my hotel transfer: oh well, not much I can do about that!  Other than this one slight hiccup, it has been a pretty good start.  I've learned that I look like a girl from the front; multiple currencies make me want to run around the airport, doing  commando rolls (I assume that this is frowned upon); and that it isn't smart to accidently say  thank you when being searched (this is definitely frowned upon). 

However, the most interesting thing that I've found out is, that in an airport which sells everything from diamonds to suits to herbal medicines, it is ridiculously difficult to pick up a pack of tissues.  I gave up after over an hour of searching and only found an 18 pack whilst   heading to my gate.  I mean, who has ever been in an airport and suddenly had ended up in some sort of situation where a suit or diamond was needed? 

"Dear god, I'm in trouble...some sort of business related emergency has flared up...if only I had some way to buy a suit and a diamond...perhap cure this cold of mine...without conventional medicines!  WHY AREN'T AIRPORTS PROPERLY STOCKED?  WHY, DAMMIT, WHY?  Oh, is that fresh sushi over there?"

Fast forward two hours and I am just starting my decent into Osaka Kansai, typing and listening to the Simpsons.  This is it.  My dream holiday is about to begin and I'm not sure     how to feel about it.  I'm hugely excited, of course but I think there are nerves mixed in.... perhaps I have built it up too much...perhaps I just won't like it.  I'm not going to dwell though, I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride! 

There will be more to come in the future (obviously) but until then, I will discuss the film I  watched during the flight: Total Recall.  Rubbish, generic and generally not that great.  Quite disappointing in reality!  On another note, I have flown on normal planes, small planes, tiny  planes and large planes...now I have flown in a super-massive blackhole plane!  One with a   second floor!  Alas, I can only imagine what is on that secretive floor, based on what films and television has shown me.  So a secret spy base with a dancing pole it is.

News Flash!  I am now sitting in Osaka Kansai Airport, having successfully made it through  immigration (quicker than locals oddly) and collected my bag...and the good news?  I did not miss my transfer either!  Hopefully, it won't take too long as I am eager to explore Kyoto this evening plus grab a shower and wash the travel off me.  Hmm, I see a couple of guys in chauffeur hats by the counters so I had better shut off.    


Music of the week 
Ok, running with the theme of Japan, I will stick with a Japanese band and the first one I had ever heard.  This is totally not because I can't think of another song...I give you Mad Capsule Markets - GMJP. 


No comments:

Post a Comment