Sunday 8 April 2012

Something wicked this way comes…


And the clock is ticking down and down and down until:
  • the end of the world
  • New twilight
  • Me coming home!

For those who have been talking to me, I am quite excited (I am also quite aware that I mention it every week)!  Although the thing that I am looking forward to is seeing my friends and family the most, there is one thing else that I am looking forward to (other than food and beer): the items that I have ordered.  There are a few things that I cannot or should not get here e.g. electronics (I had some of my friends here recommend that I get electronics from home).  Due to this, I have spent the past few evenings trawling through the depths Amazon, Ebay and various other online shops to ensure two things.
  1. I am completely stocked with everything that I need to last me until Christmas e.g. new headphones, a mic etc
  2. I get the cheapest deals.  I like my savings, I really do!

Though spare a thought for my poor parents, who shall be inundated with multiple deliveries from all corners of the internet for me.  I will have fun opening them though!  

What is just as exciting is the fact that I have spent my four days off for Easter working.  Why am I excited about working on my days off you wonder?  Er good question…one sec…oh yes, because I will now get 4 extra days holiday which means that I will now get to spend 2 weeks home for Christmas! Woohoo!
Anyways, as you may have guessed by my rambling, I don’t exactly have much to talk about this week as I have been doing very little other than work recently.  However, I thought I would give two tips instead! 

The first is morning related.  I am not very good at getting up in the mornings.  Since I started university, getting up early just became increasingly difficult for me.  At my worst, I would get up at 2 – 3pm on a regular basis.  Thankfully, I eventually got out of this habit and 9am – 10am became the norm.  This wasn’t necessarily a bad habit but when I started my working life, it was a bit of a shock.  I basically ended up getting up with just enough time to shower and dress (having a bowl of cereal whilst putting on a shirt has become a new skill for me).  Whilst this worked for a short time, it often meant I missed breakfast or was in a constant rush so I decided to change.   Easier said than done as every time I set my alarm early, I would wake up in a sleepy daze and reset the alarm.  So I tried and tried and tried but the allure of bed was just too tempting but then I discovered this secret.
.
..
...
....
.....
Which can be yours for £49.99
.
..
...
....
.....
No?  Ok, fine, I’ll tell you for free.  Set your alarm 1 minute earlier.  Do this for a few days, then set   it 2 minutes earlier.  Repeat for a few days then set your alarm 3 minutes earlier.  Keep doing this until you are waking up at the time you want.  In my case, I used to get up at 8am so I set my alarm for 7:59 for a couple of days, then 7:58 then 7:57 and so on and so on.  It is slow but it does work, at least for me.  I will eventually get up at 7am so I can have breakfast on my roof, like a sir.  So try it today!


The second is delicious!  Who doesn’t love fajitas?  Nobody, that’s who.  However, we can all do without the hassle of trying to divide 8 wraps between 3 people.  You may as well try to split the atom using nothing but a fork and a microwave.  So here is a solution to your fractional woes!  Instead of using individual wraps, use a medium to large sized naan bread as the wrap.  Not only does it save you the argument of who misses out of that extra fajita, it is delicious and filling!


Things I found on the Internet

Smodcast Sir Radio - Ok, I think I have mentioned this before but seeing as Kevin Smith favourited one of my tweets today, I though I would mention them again (total fanboy moment).  If you like comedy or his films, check out his radio station and podcasts!  I currently have about 700 smodcasts, made up of over 25 different shows and the best bit?  It was all free!  Seriously, it is is one of the best podcasts I have listened to, there is choice and it is genuinely funny.  What more can you ask for?

Kickstarter - Something new as well (oh my, two links to click?).  For those who don't know, kickstarter is a site where you donate money to a project you feel deserves it.  Whether it be a video game, comic, music show or anything, people can put their projects onto kickstarter and hope that they get money to realise their dream.  This actually benefits both parties - the creator gets funding to help kickstart (sorry) their project and depending on what they donate, some reward e.g. I donated to Wasteland 2 which means I will get a copy of the game but you can get other rewards e.g. become a character or dinner with the creator.  Check it out and help somebody out, perhaps even you!

Sunday Music Session
Hmm, I am unprepared for this...to my ipod!  Aha!  Excellent.  First of all, is Clutch.  An awesome and catchy band whom I learned about via a free music Dvd:

Clutch - Ghost.  This is one of their more mellow songs but still brilliant!


Next is Otis Taylor - Ten Million Slaves.  Heard it through the Public Enemies advert as you may have guessed.


Once again, that is enough from me!  Throughout this week, I will continue to edit this blog into what I hope the final version will be and perhaps continue to work on the other plans that I have!  Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment